This Interactive Action Wobble Card is so cute, especially when paired with the Hippest Hippos Stamp Set and coordinating dies. Not only would this make a great Christmas card but the card layout could be used for birthdays, other holidays, graduations; you name it!
Tina Wardell from Tina’s Crafty Ink Spot created this card originally but I changed it up a bit and added the Wobble. The Hippest Hippos Stamp Set (free with a $50 order and coordinating dies (also free with a 2nd $50 order) from Stampin’ Up! are still available until August 31 or until sold out. This set is so versatile and is not just for kids! The Wobble is from Amazon, copy and paste the link below into your browser to see the Wobble I used.
- Sweet Sorbet card stock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Basic White card stock, cut 2 at 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White card stock 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and 1/2″ x 5″
- 2022-2024 InColor DSP 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Real Red & White Glimmer Paper 2 1/2″ x 2 3/4″
- Evening Evergreen card stock 2″ x 4 1/2″
- Soft Succulent card stock 2″ x 4 1/2″
- Score and fold the Sweet Sorbet 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ card stock at 4 1/4″
- Using the largest die in the Scalloped Contours Dies, die cut 1 of the pieces of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic White card stock
- Using the next smallest dies in the Scalloped Contours Dies, die cut the 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of DSP
- Using the Tree Lot Dies, die cut 2 medium and 2 medium solid trees in Evening Evergreen
- Using the Tree Lot Dies, die cut 2 medium and 2 medium detailed trees in Soft Succulent
- Adhere the die cut piece of Basic White to the front of the card base
- Adhere the die cut piece of DSP on top of the Basic White
- Adhere the Soft Succulent trees to the Evening Evergreen trees with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Using a Wink of Stella pen, I completely covered the trees
- I created the snow at the bottom using the Real Red & White Glimmer Paper by fussy cutting it
- Adhere the snow to the stitched edges of the DSP
- Adhere the taller tree above the snow line on the left and the shorter tree above the snow line on the right
- Stamp the greeting in Sweet Sorbet ink, angle cut the ends
- Stamp the hippo and the hat in Momento Tuxedo Black ink
- Using Stampin’ Blends, color the hippo and hat as desired
- I added Wink of Stella to the red part of the hat
- Add Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to the white parts of the hat, then set with the heat tool
- Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, place a small amount at the top of the hippo’s head, press the hat onto the hippos’s head
- Using Dimensionals, adhere the greeting to the top left of the card base at an angle
- Adhere 1 side of the Wobble to the back of the hippo, remove the backing off the other side and adhere to the card base
- Stamp the word JOLLY in Sweet Sorbet ink
- Add 1 medium and 1 small tree to the inside to complete the card
This easy Stampin’ Up! card is lots of fun to make. The only non-Stampin’ Up! product is the wobble but I promise; once you’ve made 1 card with a wobble, you’re going to want to make many more!
Thank you for stopping by today, I encourage you to try to make an interactive card. Lots of fun to make, and whoever receives the interactive card will be thrilled. Looks much harder than it actually is! Hope you have a stamp-happy day!