What a fun, easy and quick little 3D Treat Holder. My up-line, Jarmilla Vik; gave me this idea a few months back. Since then, I’ve made quite a few of these treat holders using a variety of themes for the front. Each 3D Treat Holder holds 1 Hershey’s Nugget or other small candy!
Last week I held a Stampin’ Up! Project-Based class with the focus being the Hippest Hippos stamp set and dies. Class participants got to make this treat holder using the 3 different hippos. They all asked for the directions so here they are.
- Card stock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/4″ I used Tahitian Tide for the first picture (will make 3 treat holders)
- Using the Stampin’ Trimmer, turn your card stock portrait and score at 2 3/4″
- Turn the card stock landscape and cut at 2 3/4″, slide over and cut at 2 3/4″; you now have 3 pieces of card stock to make 3 treat holders
- Place 1 piece of the card stock in the Stampin’ Trimmer, turn the card stock portrait and line it up at 1 3/8″, with a pencil, make a “tic” mark at the top and the bottom in the cutting/scoring track
- Repeat this for all 3 pieces of card stock
- Back to the Stampin’ Trimmer and one piece of the card stock, line up the top “tic” mark with the right side of the center score line; score
- Now line up the top “tic” mark with the left side of the center score line, score
- Turn the card stock piece 180 degrees, and repeat steps 5 and 6
- Repeat with the other 2 pieces of card stock
- Once finished score, fold and burnish all score lines
- Now is the time to emboss or stamp onto the treat holder; you don’t have to but you want to decorate before putting it together
- Hold 1 piece of card stock in both hands, bring the right and the left sides together, one will overlap the other
- Using a regular hole punch, punch a hole about 1/4″ from top; release these 2 sides
- Turn the card stock around and repeat punching the hole on the opposite side
- Put your treat on the inside
- Glue one side together
- You can glue on the opposite side as well; if you don’t glue the other side, the treat can be opened without tearing apart
- Weave a piece of coordinating ribbon through the holes, tie a bow at the top, trim the ribbon if necessary
- Decorate the front as you desire
For the 3 treat holders in front, left to right; I used Parakeet Party card stock along with the Fern 3D Embossing Folder, Gray Granite card stock, and Cherry Cobbler and the new Wonderful Snowflakes embellishments.
For the 3 treat holders in back, left to right; I used Tahitian Tide card stock. I used the Scottie Dog Punch in black card stock and the 2022-2024 In Color Glimmer Paper for the bow, I used Polished Pink ink on Basic White card stock for the flower and Parakeet Party ink for the leaves which were then cut using the coordinating dies, Scalloped Contours. The Gnome on the right was die cut from the Storybook Gnomes DSP, I also used the Timber Embossing 3D Embossing Folder.
This is a super quick and easy treat holder that can be decorated in many different ways. I hope you will give this 3D treat holder a try and let me know how it works for you! I have included all the supplies to make the 6 different treat holders in the picture above.Product List
Thanks for stopping by today! As Always, have a stamp-happy day!