The Texture Chic 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper is gorgeous! The only thing making it even more gorgeous is the use of the Gilded Flakes on the torn edge. The new Charming Sentiments Stamp Set and Sentiment Silhouettes Dies add the extra special touch to make this card “Fabulous”!
Everything Wonderful is one of the 17 sentiments in the Charming Sentiments stamp set. It is bundled with the Sentiment Silhouettes Dies and each sentiment has its own coordinating die.
Texture Chic DSP
The Texture Chic Designer Series Paper was not something I noticed right away. In fact, I wasn’t crazy about this DSP until I got it into my hands and now, I love it! One side has gold though out and the other side compliments it so well without any gold. An easy card to make and the results are “wonderful”. It’s a perfect DSP to use with the Gilded Leafing.
- Soft Suede 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ – card base
- Basic White 4″ x 5 1/4″ – inside card
- Petal Pink 1 1/2″ x 3″ for stamping
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ Texture Chic DSP
- Score the 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Soft Suede cardstock at 4 1/4″ for the card base
- Take the panel of DSP and about an inch from the top right, slowly tear at an angle toward the bottom left; pull the right side of the paper downward toward the left
- To the torn edges of the other piece, place small amounts of the Multipurpose Liquid Glue along the torn edges; you can smear it around a bit with your fingers or a sponge
- TIP: You don’t want too much glue here, just enough to make the torn edge tacky
- Gently press this panel, glue side down into your container of Gilded Leafing making sure all the glue is covered
- Using a sponge, brush or your fingers scrape the excess Gilded Leafing away
- Set aside to completely dry
- Adhere the other torn edge with the opposite side face up to the right side of your front card base allowing for a border of Soft Suede
- Wrap Gold Cord around the torn panel with Gilded Leafing and tie a bow about 1/3 down from the top
- TIP: You may want to secure the bow with a Mini Glue Dot
- Adhere this panel to the top left of the card base overlapping the torn DSP on the right
- Stamp your greeting in Soft Suede Ink on the Petal Pink cardstock and die cut the greeting
- Using Dimensionals, add the greeting to the front of the card
- Stamp your greeting on the 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White
- Adhere this to the inside of your card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Add 3 Elegant Faceted Gems to the front of the card
This card was actually very easy but looks difficult. I have found it a lot of fun to work with the Gilded Leafing but it can get messy. TIP: make sure you have turned off your ceiling fans and you have a container deep enough to keep the Gilded Leafing in. Keep the lid on this container when not using the Gilded Leafing.
I’d love to see what you have created with the Gilded Leafing and/or the Texture Chic DSP. If you try this card, let me know how it went and I’d love to see a picture or your project!Product List
I hope you’ll give the Gilded Leafing a try, it’s definitely fun to play with.